What are annotations? How do they help in videos?
Annotations in videos help you add a layer of text or shapes over your video. They help in enriching your video and making it more engaging. Annotations help bring the focus of the user on specific areas.
How to add annotations in Studio?
Steps to add annotations:
- Open your Project in Studio and add video clips in the timeline as desired
- Select a clip from the timeline to edit and you will see an option to trim and an icon which is for annotations. Click on the annotate option.
- You will see the menu for annotations on the left
- Click on the play button to view the video. At the position where you wish to add annotation, click on one of the annotation options from the menu (Currently supported annotations are text and callouts)
- After selecting the type, you will see the annotation on the screen
- Drag and position it to the place you want on the screen
- Resize the text or call out window, double click on the text and edit it as desired
- You can change the text colour as well as the colour of the background. You can select from a colour palette and also set the transparency.
- Select the end time till when you want the annotation to appear
- You can also add a link to make this a clickable annotation. When the viewer clicks on this annotation, the URL will open up in a new tab.
- Click on ‘Done’ button
- On the timeline, you will see an indicator (a dot) where you added the annotation
- Click on this dot to go to the time in the video when the annotation was added. You can see the annotation on the screen.
- You can edit the end time, text, colours, etc and click on ‘Done’
- If you want to delete an annotation, click on the annotation on the screen and click on ‘Delete’ button
- Click on the ‘Save’ button after the annotations are added. You can preview the video to see how they appear.
- To know how the clickable annotations appear and behave, you need to click on the Preview option for the entire timeline. This option is available on the top right corner of the Studio screen.
- Once you are happy with the added annotations, go ahead and Export your video.